BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

At least I now know how to add a photo, but......

At least I now know how to add a photo to this blog, but I guess I need to find out how to add some copy! Baby steps, I keep telling myself. So be patient....

What I wanted to add to my photo was this. With the price of silver rising slowly but steadily, I find myself looking for ways to get more value from my work with a little less Precious Metal Clay. PMC will always be at the forefront of my creating, but I have discovered that by adding other items, one can create magic. The photo published earlier is a case in point. The PMC pieces in this item were actually bits that didn`t quite make it as jewellery. I used a piece of Mahogany (so nicely cut by my husband Leon)for the back plate. It was then further assembled with the PMC pieces, a small tortoise leg bone and 3 pieces of copper wire (about a 12ga)that were hammered. The bail was made from a small, antique key. I cut out a groove in the back so it fit nicely against my piece of wood and then attached it with a strip of fine silver bezel wire and 2 tiny screws. The PMC pieces were secured with small bolts. I also added a few little bolts to perimeter of the piece.
It was wonderful to break out of my box and go wild. I made a few more pieces after this piece and sold all but one....
What can I say? Totally hooked..........